Magento. How To Upgrade The Engine Using The Connect Manager

33 ratings | 11910 views

Magento. How To Upgrade The Engine Using The Connect Manager

In this tutorial we'll go over the process of updating Magento using the built-in Connect Manager. We've transcribed this video tutorial for you here: Enjoy Premium Magento templates at our website: Subscribe Our Channel: Follow us: Facebook Twitter Instagram @template_monster Pinterest Dribbble LinkedIn

Comments to the video: Magento. How To Upgrade The Engine Using The Connect Manager

Eva Nails 6 months ago
Thank you.
Steve Patco 2 years ago
Use this to change files back to 644. find /root/to/some/directory -type f -exec chmod 644 \; and this for changing directories to 755 find /root/to/some/directory -type d -exec chmod 755 \;
Steve Patco 2 years ago
Worked well, but I had to chmod all of my files and directories. Additionally, main background image disappeared and went to default. right callouts came back also.
TemplateMonster 2 years ago
Hi Steve! If there are some issues, let us forward you to our support team: . Our experts will help you with customization.
Magalli Mendoza 2 years ago
Hi I did the upgrade but it comes out a ERROR 500 - INTERNAL SERVER ERROR and when I go to the ftp I can't find the maintenance.flag how can I delete it? the only file I have is an ftpquota
TemplateMonster 2 years ago
Hi, Magalli! Thank you for following us! Let me forward you to our live support chat: Our specialists will definitely help you.
Angelica Paz 2 years ago
I made it, but now I cannot to access to Magent connect, How I can to do for resolve this issue?
TemplateMonster 2 years ago
+Angelica Paz Hi! Please contact our live support chat:
Abigail Leyva 3 years ago
Hi , Thank you for the tutoria. I have a problem after updating will not let me access the magento connect, I get redirected to home, can you help me plis!
TemplateMonster 3 years ago
+Abigail Leyva Hi! Please contact our live support chat:
Jonny Irving 3 years ago
Thanks for the video, I see in the comments you have provided steps to correct file permissions using chmod, do you have the equivilent step for a windows server environment? I use a local server for development.
Matthew Dowdy 3 years ago
Hello! Thank you for the tutorial. I got the 500 internal server error as well. I am unable to access my admin panel or front end.
TemplateMonster 3 years ago
+Matthew Dowdy Please try to set permission 755 for folders and 644 for files
Russell Jones 3 years ago
Hi, Thanks for the tutorial. I got the 500 internal server error and I don't know which files/folders should be set with which permissions. Please advise?
TemplateMonster 3 years ago
+Russell Jones Ok, let's try with siteground as an example: The Unix files access is controlled. There are three types of access (permissions): read write execute Each file belongs to a specific user and group (ownership). Access to the files is controlled by user, group, and what is called other/everyone permission bits and is usually set using a numerical value. For example, 644 as permission bit will result in: Owner / User Group Other/ Everyone 644 Each number represents the access level and it can be from 0 to 7. The access level, depending on the number is as follows: 0 - no access to the file whatsoever 1 - execute permissions only 2 - write permissions only 3 - write and execute permissions 4 - read permissions only 5 - read and execute permissions 6 - read and write permissions 7 - read, write and execute permissions (full permissions) Thus the above 644 permissions example will look like this: Owner / User - Read and Write Group - Read and Write Other/ Everyone - Read only To allow a script to be executed and read by everyone but the only one who can write in it is your user, you would need to set 755 as permissions: Owner / UserGroupOther/ Everyone 7 - Full permissions 5 - read and execute 5 - read and execute Changing the permissions to 700 will make the file visible only for your username and no one else and setting it to 444 will allow only the file creator to modify it. The command you need to issue to actually change the permissions is called ‘chmod’ and it generally looks like this: chmod 755 configuration.php The above example changes the permissions of configuration.php file and sets them to 755. You can recursively change the permissions of all folders and files using the recursive argument: chmod -R 755 *This will modify the permissions of all files in the current folder and set them to 755. You might wonder what the above user/group values are. These two settings are the actual ownership flags for a file or a folder. Each file has a primary user that owns it and a group assigned to it. To change those values, a special command exists -- ‘chown’. Its syntax is very easy: chown user: group file For example: Chown user: siteground configuration.php The above line will set the owner of the file to ‘user’ and the group to ‘siteground’. Changing ownership recursively is also permitted and the flag (naturally) is -R: chown -R user: siteground *
Russell Jones 3 years ago
+TemplateMonsterCo Thanks. Is there a way to do this simply and quickly (i.e. in bulk, all folders and all files) other than via SSH? I am just learning about SSH and I'm not sure how to do it.
TemplateMonster 3 years ago