Magento 1 vs Magento 2.2 (Should I upgrade?)

Magento 1 vs Magento 2.2 (Should I upgrade?)

In the latest video, I explained what Magento 2 was and addressed whether it was the right solution for you, your business and your customers. Todays episode is an expansion of that video, pointing out some of the key differences between version 1 and version 2. And at the end of the video, I’ll share with you some cold-hard truths and my thoughts as to whether you should upgrade or not. ►25 Ultimate Security Checks: ►What is Magento 2.2: DIGITAL STARTUP ►FREE eCommerce Guides: ►Newsletter: PODCASTS ►SoundCloud: ►iTunes: STAY IN TOUCH ►Twitter: ►Facebook: magento tutorials digitalstartup

Comments to the video: Magento 1 vs Magento 2.2 (Should I upgrade?)

Digital Startup 10 months ago
Hi all. I've been wanting to address this topic for a while. I know you might think it's an obvious choice, but I really wanted to share my experience of the transition from Magento 1 to Magento 2 with you. I'd love to see your thoughts and concerns about upgrading in the comments.
ไพบูลย์ อึ้งคงคาทอง 6 months ago
very informative for me, keep doing, and thanks for your effort.
Adam Simonini 7 months ago
Good job! Thank you for the info!
Digital Startup 7 months ago
Hi Adam. Thanks for your positive comment. Good luck with your project! 😀
Will Davies 9 months ago
Hi, did you find a big loss in traffic/rankings when first migrating from magento 1 to magento 2? Do you have any suggestions on how to avoid this?!?
Digital Startup 9 months ago
You're welcome. Thank you for watching :) I'll always try to answer any questions I can (whether I have an answer or not). Have a great day.
Will Davies 9 months ago
Digital Startup That’s great thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I am finding your videos very useful and informative and will definitely look forward to any future videos you post regarding SEO drop off considerations, many thanks.
Digital Startup 9 months ago
Will, that's a fantastic question. In the past 11-12 months, I've been learning about M2 and building an new M2 site from scratch to replace a current 7-figure M1 store. I'd love to be able to answer your question, but we won't be launching until Quarter 2. SEO drop-off has been an obvious consideration so I've given it plenty of thought. I plan to talk about my plans to minimise risk in a future video and I'll definitely share the end results with this community post-launch. Once we're happy with our M2 build, we do plan on testing a lot with the data Migration of M1 to M2. In an ideal world, we'd simply copy and paste everything. However, we've taken the opportunity to restructure the way we do things in M2, so we might find that many of the old attributes are redundant or renamed. But from the perspective of migrating URL Keys for Products and Categories, I think we will leave them as they are right now because we won't want to be overwhelmed by a potential flood of 404s. I know this doesn't answer your question, and I probably rambled on a bit there but I hope this reply helped in some way :)