Magento Tutorial for Beginners - What is Magento 2.2?

Magento Tutorial for Beginners - What is Magento 2.2?

►MORE MAGENTO PLAYLISTS: ►New Forum: In todays episode, I'd like to explain what Magento 2 is. Then at the end of the video I’ll address whether it's the right solution for you, your business and your customers. This video is part of our Magento 2 Beginner Tutorials Playlist. DIGITAL STARTUP ►FREE eCommerce Guides: ►Newsletter: PODCASTS ►SoundCloud: ►iTunes: STAY IN TOUCH ►Twitter: ►Facebook: magento tutorials digitalstartup

Comments to the video: Magento Tutorial for Beginners - What is Magento 2.2?

Digital Startup 1 year ago
Hey all. I thought it was time I did a newer version for Magento 2.2. Feel free to drop any questions in the comments :)
Digital Startup 1 year ago
Hey Danny. I was actually thinking about doing some Let's build videos, where I record a quick video of myself creating a module. I'm no expert, and I know I probably can't answer all the questions that I'll get asked. However, I'm thinking it might be useful because people may be able to learn from the things I do.
Danny Alfonzo 1 year ago
Hello, What we really need the community of developers of magento, is a tutorial of local and server installation (magento 2 permission is a complicated task) and creation of theme and modules, I develop perfectly in magento 1.x and I find it so weird that on the internet there is nothing ANYTHING information to create theme and modules, and I'm talking about real tutorials, in fact I tried to create my own theme from luma and it was a mess because all the XML
Winner Singh 10 days ago
How to add home link in navigation, I followed some articles in stackchange but that not worked for me, I want that first Home About then categories, most of articles on google are for mangento 2.0 my version is 2.3
Digital Startup 10 days ago
Please, report your question here and tell us more about your theme.
Winner Singh 1 month ago
Now I try to install magneto on dreamhost hosting - what I did is 1 download magneto with sample - tar file and upload to hosting via FTP and then upload unzipper.php file to extract the files. After that create the data base and install the magneto, on 73% it just stuck since 30 mins, what should I do now, should I need to install again or just wait ?
Digital Startup 1 month ago
I cover Composer installation here:
Winner Singh 1 month ago
Digital Startup my hosting providers are dreamhost and plan is VPS 2 GB Ram, as you said use composer to install magneto, how to do that, could you have some videos.
Digital Startup 1 month ago
I highly recommend using composer to install and manage your Magento 2 installation. Anyway, Magento 2 hates using less than 2GB ram. Assuming that your server has 2GB or more of ram, make sure that your php.ini file isn't throttling it by setting memory_limit = 2GB or more. I had similar issues with Magento 2 in the past and this solves it every time. I run all of my servers with a minimum of 4GB.
Winner Singh 1 month ago
Instead of working offline on pc should I work direct online on hosting like Wordpress.
Winner Singh 1 month ago
Digital Startup agree totally with you and even sometimes we upload after completing the website from offline to online as specially cms create image url problem. Rest I have start watching your videos.
Digital Startup 1 month ago
That's a great question, Winner. I would say it's both cheaper and quicker (loading times) to work locally. However, I prefer to work online because it allows me to easily/quickly demo my progress and it ensures that the working server environment remains consistent. There are lots of great cases for both scenarios, but I think it boils down to personal preference.
Shahzad Ahmed 2 months ago
Craig, you know this is the best tutorial series for the beginners who want to expertise Magento 2. I have been searching for the last 3 months to finds such a great tutorial series. Finally, you were the one who to fill my desire. A big Thaaaaaaank You!
Digital Startup 2 months ago
Thank you. I really appreciate your positive comment and glad I could help. If you have any further questions or want to get involved with the community, then feel free to join us over at our forum:
fadiss 4 months ago
Hi Craig, Can Magento be used to setup services marketplace e.g. where customers can hire contractors for home improvement services? Any extensions needed? Thank you
Digital Startup 4 months ago
Magento allows you to sell Digital Products , which you could use to sell a service. Not sure what extensions you'd need to expand on that idea (if any).
Rajmani Mittal 4 months ago
magento 2.2 back end is quite slow. I am not getting why magento 2.2 is very slow, while magento 1.93 was okay. any comments for improvement in speeds ?
Rajmani Mittal 4 months ago
Thanks. That would be great, if you can share the tips for settings to be used.
Digital Startup 4 months ago
Hi there. Personally, I find M2 Backend pretty fast. I'll make sure to cover these tips in an upcoming video. If you can't wait, post your question here and I'll get back to you in a couple of days with the settings I'm using.
Nagashree Ranjith 4 months ago
Awesome Course! Thanks :)
Digital Startup 4 months ago
You're welcome, thanks for stopping by
Holger Willing 10 months ago
Great course! Thankyou very much. I just signed up at your website =)
Digital Startup 10 months ago
You're welcome. Thank you for watching 😀
Bruno Guerra 10 months ago
Thank you! Good one! at min 3:10 i think your audio is overlapping another audio. Cheers
Digital Startup 10 months ago
You're welcome. I can't believe I missed that. I'll try not to make the same mistake again.
noreddine belguinan 11 months ago
Thank you for this awesome course !!