Midnight Screenings - DOWNSIZING, FATHER FIGURES, and PITCH PERFECT 3

Midnight Screenings - DOWNSIZING, FATHER FIGURES, and PITCH PERFECT 3

Father Figures: 15:36. Pitch Perfect 3 - 25:29 Subscribe: Website: Brian Twitter: @torsoboy323 Brad Twitter: @thecinemasnob Movie Reviews: Downsizing, Father Figures, and Pitch Perfect 3

Comments to the video: Midnight Screenings - DOWNSIZING, FATHER FIGURES, and PITCH PERFECT 3

crcoghill 5 months ago
I just watched Downsizing and my god was it the lost Hour+ i had to sit though! I mean, the story seems so slow but it's always jumping to the next plot point: Matt D.'s mom is in pain, skip her death, Matt D. And future wife are poor and want downsizing, she leaves him small, skip a year to the divorce, than his dating a single mom, breaks up with her, parties with neighbour, etc, etc, etc! And it just kept going!!! Taking a small (ironic) moment to say why do small people pay less or my friend is dead or the world is ending and just goes to the next scene like gotta move this plot along! Move Move Move!!!. It was terrible! If anything, my enjoyment was Christopher Waltz's and Hong Chau's characters and seeing some small props and gags. But that's it! It was a movie with no direction and it sucks!
Sabrina Loizides-Merideth 7 months ago
So Father Figures is a reverse Mamma Mia with not music, then? LOL!
John Potts 8 months ago
So do they sing any ABBA songs in Father Figures ?
The Projectionist 8 months ago
16:08 Damn, Brian. That reference is more obscure than any reference Brad has ever made.
tintinismybelgian 8 months ago
Matthew Clark, the director of photography for Pitch Perfect 3, was twice nominated (2009, 2010) for a Primetime Emmy for his work on 30 Rock and received an Honorable Mention for the American Society of Cinematographers Heritage Award, NYU (2000). So, basically, you guys owe this artistic genius an apology. ;-D
Adam W 8 months ago
This established brand recognition bullshit is ruining movies!!! Atomic Blonde probably didn't have half the audience PP3 has as far as being an empowered female semi, action picture, now! I mean I know one's an R rated period piece and the other is more of a family oriented teen comedy, but!!!
Adam W 8 months ago
They probably added an action/comedy element to Pitch Perfect because Mad Max Fury Road actually gave PP2 competition, in the long run, especially internationally, the last time around! So short of Anna Kendrick being in a possible Mad Max sequel!!! God the plot of this movie sounds completly stupid and completely, illogical diversion away from the original concept! Also The Fast and The Furious idiocy probably affected the script!
Adam W 8 months ago
Its the last time Pitches!!! One last Pitch!!! Pitch this!!! Fuck off!!!
Sidney Meyers 8 months ago
Did Owen Wilson molest a kid in Father Figures?
Zachito15 8 months ago
He goes full R. Kelly
wasser a 8 months ago
Watching Brian's expression in this episode was more fun than 2 of 3 of the movies.
Uncle Fester 8 months ago
Why do you have the nightstand from the bye bye man in your car?
Georganne R 8 months ago
I'm mesmerized by the chair in the backseat.
speed0spank 8 months ago
Did Rebel Wilson write her own jokes for the movie?
treyblowski 8 months ago
From what I gathered in the trailer downsizing always to me felt like there was supposed to be a darker twist that was cut from the script I know if I directed it there would be some dark stuff like Food being made from ground up criminals who got downsized, Frequent insect and rat attacks A conspiracy that reversing downsizing can be done but is kept from the public so unsatisfied shrunk people can't tell people not to do it
Fyrsiel 8 months ago
Part of the backstory for the Vietnamese girl is that she was captured and placed in a prison camp for two years, then was forcibly downsized against her will, which is why she fled (and subsequently lost her leg). The interesting thing about the movie is that it does touch on the political, economical, even ethical pros and cons of the concept, even showing some prejudices that arise between small people and regular sized people. It ain't rats, but honestly, in this movie's universe, it doesn't seem like it couldn't have been happening somewhere. Some corrupt countries probably were forcibly downsizing POWs and feeding them to rats.
nevet1212 8 months ago
Awesome glad you guys are watching movies like champs!
planescaped 8 months ago
I did go look up the father figures poster and the more you look at it the worse it is. My god that is horrible photoshopping for a hollywood movie.
Jaison Abraham 8 months ago
I assume they make toy for the cars and houses. also, make battery power cars. The only thing I cannot get is computers. because you can not get a tiny computer and have the same speed with regular size computer.
midgetelantrian8 8 months ago
Jaison Abraham, unless it’s just tiny monitors and the actual computers are underground or something
c122 h122 8 months ago
Who is Laura?
Richard Watt 8 months ago
I saw a promo poster for Pitch Perfect 3 on the side of a bus - Last Call, Pitches : I think Brad wants that to be the case for real this time.
Andre Martänz 8 months ago
Udo Kier and Waltz in 1 film? gotta see THAT
Yappydog8m 8 months ago
Fiddlers Green! Run by Dennis Hopper.
DJ Alixer 8 months ago
Brian is on fire.
John Smith 8 months ago
Pitch Perfect 3 SUCKS! I hate this movie.
TheRealConcertKing 8 months ago
Having seen Downsizing and Pitch Perfect 3, I wholly disagree with Brad saying Downsizing is better. While I hated Pitch Perfect 3 and nearly walked out of it, I REALLY hated Downsizing. At least in Pitch Perfect 3, there were some vague aspirations for the characters and something you knew it was building towards. Even if it took a hard left and became an action movie for no real reason. Downsizing is just aimless. There's no point where any of the characters have any goals or motivations. It's just following Matt Damon as he goes from day to day and some not-very-interesting stuff happens. It was one of the toughest sits I've ever experienced in a movie theater. Granted I don't watch anywhere near the amount of garbage that Brad & co. do, but that's just my opinion.
Benjamin carrillo 8 months ago
Oh my god! Letty turned into a chair!
viddergrapho 8 months ago
I'm so uncomfortable when you shave because you look fantastic with and without facial hair and that's a crime against the natural order. Also I know it's not a theater movie but I REALLY WANT YOU GUYS TO REVIEW BRIGHT ON NETFLIX. Apparently it's being shit on by pro critics and some people are saying they're trying to curb stomp original movies. I thought it was alright, I'd like a sequel that expands on this plot, like John Wick did.
Lu Tello 8 months ago
Can't wait til spring for the hour long review of the fucking Overboard remake.
Mariah Osborne 8 months ago
I watched the first Pitch Perfect, haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd, heard mixed things about the 2nd and downright terrible stuff about the 3rd. I liked the first movie, it was good and I had fun with it. There is no reason for this to be a trilogy. Absolutely none. No, Fat Amy's background wasn't hinted at or mentioned, cause it had no relevance. She wasn't a main character, she was a relatively minor comic relief character. It was a simple goofy comedy about a group of losers who come together and prove themselves through a singing competition. That's it, it had a charm to it that people liked, but there was no reason to expand on it other than making money.
GilliamFan17 0 8 months ago
I cannot stop thinking about how much I would love more Midnight Screenings '78. It would be funny to see 2 minute videos of them in character talking about Halloween, Superman, The Deer Hunter, etc. Brad, if you are reading this, this is a legitimate suggestion. Merry Christmas to the Snob Gang.
Kikidy523 8 months ago
Brad, you'd probably like the first Pitch Perfect. There were plenty jokes in this you wouldn't get unless you saw the first two movies. I agree the fat Amy sub plot was a little silly, but I enjoyed the movie anyway. That's my two cents.
Jesse Shade 8 months ago
You know that scene in SPICE WORLD where Mark McKinney starts pitching his movie as a SPEED ripoff where the Spice Girls have to find some way to get a bomb off their bus? PITCH PERFECT 3 sounds like that scene made into an entire movie.
little_girl_lost 8 months ago
Is that 'Bye Bye Man' scratched into that table back there?
Richard Watt 8 months ago
Unless it's in some NSA code, I doubt it - more like a lot number, sadly.
Stone Sullivan 8 months ago
TheRachelbradley don't think it! Don't say it!
Robin English 8 months ago
Brad Looks Handsome and Different shaved with no moustache.
Sanity Theorist 8 months ago
A bit sad to hear that Downsizing is just decent, the premise gave me high hopes. Hell, the trailer featured one of my favorite Talking Heads songs, so I was hoping for something really quirky. Just another reason to not trust trailers I suppose, IMDB reviews mention that it didn't really do much with the premise in favor of preaching and lots of derailment. Are they accurate?
kevboogie 8 months ago
When are you guys gonna do the Will Smith Netflix movie bright?
KingBoxer119 8 months ago
Talking cat vagina and cat balls. Cat genitalia is all up in this piece.
roarshach13 8 months ago
The community from Land of the Dead you're thinking of is called Fiddler's Green!
Word Unheard 8 months ago
Oh my fucking god! If you guys see those pics Brian posted on Twitter, you are going to die. From their angle, Anna Kendrick looks like Robert Z'Dar, Rebel Wilson looks like Pinhead from Puppet Master, and the Asian girl looks like Rebel Wilson.
Whitney Graham 8 months ago
wow i love you two so much lmao
kimbooley90 9 months ago
Downsizing and Father Figures both look like two movies that should have come out in 2002. Especially with Owen Wilson starring in one of them.
-sunmask- 9 months ago
omg , Girts. i want Korey Coleman to be on your show or otherwise, Brad
GorTheMovieGod 9 months ago
Hell yeah Girts from Double Toasted! One of my favorite new additions to that site.
Teep 9 months ago
I'm still irate at the whole Pitch Perfect concept for that time that part 2 beat Fury Road at the box office.
Adam W 8 months ago
Teep Me too, and we get that piece of shit instead of another Mad Max whose reviews were about four hundred times better than Pitch Perfect 2!
Trinidad Botello 9 months ago
Pitch Perfect 3 sounds like, the Karate Kid 3 of the series. 1. It's the 3rd in a film series, that has nothing that much new to offer. 2. Has a crazy plot, and forgetting what made the first movie good. Karate Kid (kid fights bully), and Karate Kid 3 (kid fights against business man, who is getting revenge on him). Pitch Perfect (a bunch of college girls, becoming a music group), Pitch Perfect 3 (music group has to save the world). 3. A bunch of young people will love the movie. I remember loving Karate Kid 3, when I was 12,13,14 years old. And if teenager girls love Pitch Perfect 3, then more power to them. (they probably will realize how horrible the movie is, when they get older).
bigevilworldwide1 8 months ago
But atleast Karate Kid 3 was decent unlike that piece of shit Next Karate Kid.
nummymuffin 9 months ago
Fiddler's Green
Howard Brooks Jr. 9 months ago
Stone gremlins productions Brad I hope you one day can visit the double toasted crew and do a movie review with them, that would be awesome!
Frédérick Maranda-Bouchard 9 months ago
Brad: Oh now there a lot of movies coming out so slowing we'll get around to see them. *Wakes up today* Brad: So there's a review of 3 movies
Frédérick Maranda-Bouchard 9 months ago
I want to see Horror downsizing where they get lost to a garden and have to face a spider
Vega Buster 8 months ago
Frédérick Maranda-Bouchard Pretty much Honey, I shrunk the kids
Pratik Raghu 9 months ago
'Wick Perfect 4': Half-sold, I guess.
Hugo 2017 9 months ago
would love to see Hans Landa team up with Yuri
Jasmine L 9 months ago
You guys didn't even ask the table on its thoughts of these movies.
Autymn Maas 8 months ago
Jasmine L I thought it was a chair
Pete Wade 9 months ago
Doug is bald? Brad has no stache? 2017 is ending on a horrific note. Happy holidays Brian, Brad, Dave, Irving, Sarah, and the whole Stoned Gremlins team! Thanks for another year of fun and wacky movie happenings.
planescaped 8 months ago
I think you mean Happy New Christ year thank you very much!
calvin damon 9 months ago
That Father Figures cinematographer also shot movies like the original The Stepfather, The Good Son, Reservation Road, St. Vincent, and Sneakers. He even shot Pleasantville and Field of Dreams. That’s nuts
Andrew Dickerson 9 months ago
The rich town from land of the dead is fiddlers green
superchief86 9 months ago
You’re friends with the DT folks? That’s awesome.
culwin 9 months ago
Pitch Perfect 4 - all the Bellas are shrunk to 4 inches tall
ChadzillaReviews 9 months ago
So. Pitch Perfect 3 is pretty much The Hangover Part III?
Matthew Jandecka 9 months ago
DOWNSIZING? I'd rather watch Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
Shwah Gamers 8 months ago
When I saw the trailer I thought it was a remake of Honey I Shrunk the Kids.
John Smith 8 months ago
Matthew Jandecka or Ant Man
RiverOfWetness468 9 months ago
The tearful revelation at the end feels like a scene out of Parenthood. Are you implying that Parenthood was dramatically lit? That's not the impression I've gotten.
Stoned Gremlin Productions 9 months ago
You don't think Parenthood had moments that were dramatically lit?
Objectorbit 9 months ago
So much fatphobic bullshit in Pitch Perfect 3. God.
GameStation3 9 months ago
Please reupload the videos on your site!
Kingdom007Hearts 9 months ago
Is there gonna be a midnight screening for darkest hour?
SuperWillHatch 9 months ago
Pretentious Ant-Man makes Downsizing sound a lot better than it looks. Also, Ant-Man as directed by Alexander Payne sounds like a parody trailer that Patrick (H) Willems would make.
Fuck Off 9 months ago
Yay, Brian!
Grabehn 9 months ago
And after 10 minutes I just realised that Suburbicon wasn't the movie were Matt Damon gets shrunk
Zobazollia's Everything 3 months ago
Grabehn I did the same thing. Whenever it showed the black couple move in I thought it was a racial movie but then of course it turned into a mob movie. It was really dark. I loved downsizing the trailer was deceiving, but I think it's better not knowing going in. The movie made me cry. Also Paul's character arch was feeling like he had purpose. I mean when he was about to go in the hole I was literally yelling at my TV That's not right!. His reason to go underground is to help people, but heres the thing he promised that he would be back. The real people who need help were the people who couldn't afford anything. Sure he may not be the most interesting person, but a lot of people aren't and we all want to have an important place in the world. When his wife left him he felt like what he did was pointless. He f****d around a bit trying to fill the void. He got himself involved in a community full of genuine people who are in need and the thing he didn't understand at the time was that you don't have be important. Throughout the movie it shows many different types of Fame and while most people don't care, Paul is in awe of them. He wants to be like them whether he realized it or not.The thing for him to do that was important was to be where he was needed. It's not like the world was ending right at that moment anyway. But I digress. This is way too long and you probably won't read it anyway. It's hard not to type a bunch after literally just watching.
Tess Horrorshow 9 months ago
Animated, anthropomorphic talking cat vagina. That's a sentence I heard today.
Kor O'Connell 9 months ago
Talkative pussy pussy.
sommer camp 9 months ago
I wan't to fall prey to a cat thank you, no downsizing for me!
Mark Hazleton 9 months ago
lots of catching up.
JohnBlack2345 9 months ago
the look on Brian's face in the avatar!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
Creeper3455 HD 9 months ago
Pitch Perfect 3: As if Universal didn't ruin your life with the millionth Fast And Furious,a new Despicable Me and yet another shitty Fifty Shades!
Jesse Shade 8 months ago
Creeper3455 HD Don’t forget THE SNOWMAN!
Jo Te 8 months ago
+Creeper3455 HD because this last star wars movie is shit.
Creeper3455 HD 9 months ago
29AndreG Those were pretty good movies (especially Get Out and Split,while Atomic Blonde i remember being just fine with it),don't get me wrong,but I was really annoyed with the whole sequels/reboot stuff. (And also that Furious made more money than Star Wars on Opening Week. WHY?!?)
Drew Gars 9 months ago
That sounds grudgingly biased. There were decent stuff from them this year: Get Out. Split. Girls Trip. American Made. Thank You for Your Service.
Oh No 9 months ago
Holy christ those pictures!
The Demon Curupira 9 months ago
terrible choice for those 2 to play siblings but none identical twins are a thing but most don't even think about it unless it's a girl and a boy. Fraternal twins are basically just regular siblings who happened to be conceived at the same time.
CarozQH 9 months ago
*M A T T D A M O N*
Brian Nielsen 9 months ago
Sausage nunchucks.was the DP Brenden Flynt or just a fan of The Toxic Avenger?
Brian Nielsen 9 months ago
Didn't he use a a 3 foot sandwich as a sword? It's been years since I've seen it. Also RIP Joe Fleishaker.
Jonas King 9 months ago
Combat cold cuts!
jordan thompson 9 months ago
If you where looking for a meaning to downsizing, it was Matt Damon's characters living a boring American Life trying to find meaning and purpose and when givin the chance to prolong the existence of human kind he chooses love over life, in basic terms enjoy the little things in life and do what makes you happy
Alex Shannon 9 months ago
There's a local newscaster who's an extra in the Pitch Perfect movies.
Brendan Milburn 9 months ago
13:25 It took you until the 12th dick to realize this was R? I would think you'd figure that out by the 3rd one, at least the 5th.
KEYSERSOZE1965 9 months ago
How is being reduced to only 5 inches tall supposed to make money multiply in value? Are they taking every dollar they have and cutting each one up so a fraction of it is still worth a dollar each?
ricemazter 8 months ago
Jo Te Ok.did I guess correctly?
Jo Te 8 months ago
+ricemazter your guess doesnt matter. Its explained in the movie.
ricemazter 9 months ago
Having not seen the film, my guess is that your money goes a longer way because the goods you consume cost so much less to produce because they're a fraction of the size. Like, you can buy a full sized house for 200K, or you can get something the size of a doll house for 500 bucks. Everything becomes cheaper, so your money is worth more in that sense.
Stoned Gremlin Productions 9 months ago
It explains it in the movie.
jmjon9 9 months ago
If you really want to get into the science problems you don't have to worry about falling, because within minutes of having been shrunk you'd freeze to death since our bodies aren't built to regulate heat for that size see this video
Drew Gars 9 months ago
I’m surprised this movie didn’t turn into the 3rd act to Coco.
Drew Gars 9 months ago
So what happens to John Lithgow in the end?
Planag7 9 months ago
You have the right thoughts with Father Figures. but glad I saw that over that fucking Pitch Perfect shit lol (I did see Shape of Water earlier. Loved that c:)
Brian Snowden 9 months ago
Here's a triple feature brought to you by the recently arrived marquee at Family Video: Dunkirk Lego Ninjago Mother Like a roller coaster, that you built in Roller Coaster Tycoon to kill patrons when you're bored
SuperWillHatch 9 months ago
Hey, that's perfect for a The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly themed movie night.
Drew Gars 9 months ago
Cedric the Entertainer is in both Haunted House movies.
Drew Gars 9 months ago
So which was better: The Hangover 3 or Pitch Perfect 3?
Drew Gars 9 months ago
Hey Brad, did you get my tweet of the God’s Not Dead 3 trailer?
Drew Gars 9 months ago
Walkin’ in like Steve Busemi from 30 Rock.
wstine79 9 months ago
Brad didn't like Pitch Perfect? Pitch please.
Adam W 8 months ago
A complete waste of Anna Kendrick's talent saluting terrible pop music! So glad that shit series is over! She needs to do more stuff like Up In The Air or The Accountant!
SuperWillHatch 8 months ago
It's silly and very low stakes, but I like the characters and find them funny. Sue me.
planescaped 8 months ago
Based on how they described it, it sounds like a very '16-36 year old female demographic' kind of movie.
Jo Te 8 months ago
Why would he like it? He isnt gay.
Henry Liebentritt 9 months ago
This movie made me root against its heroes. Yep, same for the first two movies, honestly.
FelisTerras 9 months ago
So, Brad spoils us twice for Christmas.how awesome can you get? Merry Christmas to all of you guys, and thanks for adding to our holiday cheer.^^ Still.I miss his beard.he looks so naked.* sniffle*
duckiedale80 9 months ago
That Dennis Dugan Broken Flowers joke is most likely funnier than anything in Father Figures.
duckiedale80 9 months ago
Father was supposed to be released November last year and January this year. Big warning sign that the movie will suck.
michaelthemovieman 9 months ago
We've never seen Pitch Perfect 1 or 2. You lucky bastards.
The Demon Curupira 9 months ago
Brendan Milburn that sucks. Amadeus was the best movie I was ever forced to watch in music class.
Brendan Milburn 9 months ago
michaelthemovieman Yeah, I was forced to watch 2 when my choir teacher in High School was sick and I really wanted to punch that movie in the face until it dies. And to pour salt on the wound, we had a choice between Amadeus , Pitch 2, or Nightmare Before Christmas to watch and every dumb teen in the class besides me voted for Pitch 2.
NeoNarcoleptic 9 months ago
Time travel in the terminator movies says that you can't bring back non organic matter, but the Terminators get around it by wrapping the robots in organic matter. So, if Kyle swallowed the gun, yeah that would actually work. I don't know why a terminator hasn't smuggled a future gun through time travel in where it's stomach would be and just rip it out when it gets to our time. But the terminator series is basically fucked at this point anyway.
BioCapsule 8 months ago
Agreed, you can basically have organic matter wrap around anything and send it thru if that is the rule.
NeoNarcoleptic 8 months ago
@Ricemazter Horrifying idea, but yeah that would also work (In theory) lol
ricemazter 9 months ago
Or, since Skynet can synthesize tissue, grow a duffle bag made of human flesh, fill it with a ton of future ordinance, and send that back in time with your robot.
ToastyMozart 9 months ago
Yeah, a kangaroo pouch would be really handy for the time-travelling terminators.
jockadoobee 9 months ago
There's an old Terminator comic where a team of cyborgs bring a human back with them, who has a gun implanted into their stomach.
Judicator11 9 months ago
Growing or shrinking in sci-fi movies is one of the least plausible concepts, which really doesn't make sense in any way. Do your molecules shrink? If they don't, none of your biology works. If they do, then you are breaking so many fundamental laws of nature. Heck, you would literally choke on air.
planescaped 8 months ago
There are some sci fi concepts I just can't suspend my disbelief for because I know too much about them. Shrinking and time travel specifically.
Judicator11 9 months ago
You seem to be missing the point. Stupid things happen in Sci-fi movies all the time. We get that. It's just kinda funny to think that of all the crazy sci-fi things we see; time travel, worm holes, warp drives, teleportation etc. it's changing the size of things that is oddly one of the most preposterous.
Poshboy 9 months ago
Héctor Fernando Peralta Well do that with humans, bond the chemical atoms with pressure or whatever. It doesn't really matter: it's a device to get to the plot moving. Just trust that they found a way to shrink people. It's called suspension of disbelief - you do it literally in every movie you watch.
Héctor Fernando Peralta 9 months ago
mice don't have compressed atoms or fictional chemistry (distance between atoms are determined by the chemical bonds between atoms first,by pressure and temperature next,etc)
JVOFH123 9 months ago
Judicator11 v xr
F. N. Lorter 9 months ago
If I was 5 inches tall, I’d finally have sex with my Wonder Woman figure I had since I was six. .I probably shouldn’t have revealed that.
Jere Aho 8 months ago
F. N. Lorter that might ruin the collectors value
F. N. Lorter 9 months ago
SuperWillHatch Nah. I have way too much respect for Gadot to demean her like that.
SuperWillHatch 9 months ago
If you had the magic cupboard from The Indian & The Cupboard, you could make her real. Then you'd be having sex with Gal Gadot. Yowza.
F. N. Lorter 9 months ago
YoDa BaKi Trust me. I did that when I was sixteen. Just until the day comes. I need to stop.
YoDa BaKi 9 months ago
F. N. Lorter it'd be more like you'd have sex on it probably have to put a hole in it before you shrink
Wesley Foxx 9 months ago
The general physics as I understand it mean that depending on your body structure, if you're only 5 inches tall and you land correctly, even at your terminal velocity, you probably won't hit the ground with enough force to be seriously injured.
Coffeemug Entertainment 8 months ago
That's up there as one of the most pointless things to know and that is a good thing.
wstine79 9 months ago
Is Brad moving? There's a table in the backseat.
Pass The Reel 9 months ago
Just like our Lord and Savior, Jesus Bro
Pete Wade 9 months ago
Hey sometimes you see a table on the sidewalk, and think Damn that is one nice table. Someone is giving this away? INSANE! We just found ourselves a late wedding present load it up!
culwin 9 months ago
He brings a table to all his movie viewings so he can eat during the film.
PeaTearGryfin 9 months ago
Don't judge, for all you know, his coffee table could be a huge fan of the Pitch Perfect series.
Pop Culture Primer 9 months ago
He could just be getting a new table for his current house.