How to reset the admin password in Magento 2 (CLI & phpMyAdmin)

How to reset the admin password in Magento 2 (CLI & phpMyAdmin)

►Article/Instructions: ►Newsletter: In an effort to follow good security practices, we use random passwords for each of our Admin logins. But sometimes we can forgot those passwords. Well, this video assumes that the Forgot Password feature on the Magento Login Screen isn’t working. So I’ll show you 2 alternative methods for resetting your Admin Password using either the Command Line Interface of phpMyAdmin. DIGITAL STARTUP ►Blog: ►Discord Chat: MAGENTO 2 TUTORIAL FOR BEGINNERS PLAYLIST ► SOCIAL MEDIA ►Twitter: ►Facebook: BUSINESS ENQUIRIES ►business[at]digitalstartup.co.uk magento tutorials digitalstartup

Comments to the video: How to reset the admin password in Magento 2 (CLI & phpMyAdmin)

Digital Startup 3 months ago
As promised, one of many more Magento 2 tutorials to come. Hopefully, you'll find this one useful. I've had to use this trick myself recently. Anyway, have a great weekend!! :)
christos christou 2 months ago
i tried via php myAdmin it doesn't works cause i'm on localhost
Digital Startup 2 months ago
Hi. I'm not sure how the phpmyadmin solution wouldn't work if you're running on localhost. As long as you have access to the tables then the method should still be the same.
Hassan Ali 3 months ago
how to run CLI Icant find it usinf filezella
Digital Startup 3 months ago
It depends what you're after really. If you're new and require server support from a Magento server specialist then I'd choose . If you want to learn how to do everything yourself whilst maintaining full control then I'd choose
Hassan Ali 3 months ago
Digital Startup thank you Wich web hosting you recomand for magento I am using siteground noe but I want to change ???
Digital Startup 3 months ago
The Command Line Interface (CLI) of your web server is accessible via an SSH Client. Personally, I use Putty for Windows to connect to my servers. You'll be able to find more information on how to connect to your specific server via SSH by referring to your web hosts documentation.